After you contact me to express interest in a sitting here is the normal process.
1. Calendar Notification:
- I will send you a Calendar Notification to show that I have noted the tentative date for you. (Note: Dates are not reserved until a contract is signed and retainer is paid.)
2. Client Consultation Meeting:
- We will discuss your desires and expectations for the images we will work together to create. Depending on the type of sitting or event, we will discuss the type of feel you would like for your images, best time of day to photograph, location, etc.
- This is a great time to look around your home and consider the spaces you have available for feature wall art images and take necessary measurements. It may also be helpful to take a picture of the space you plan to put the image. If you will send me the pictures of the spaces in your home that you have set aside for displaying your wall art, I can also help you to plan and visualize this.
- We may work together to fill out a pre-sitting questionairre, or I will give you the link to complete at your convenience and send at least two weeks before the siting/event.
- I will prepare and send a contract indicating details such as the date and location of the sitting, charges for the sitting, and format for delivery of images. You can sign this contract online.
- You will pay the non-refundable retainer amount to reserve the date. If within 2 weeks of the sitting, complete payment is due at time of contract signing.I can accept payment by cash, check, or online credit card/transfer by Chase Quick Pay.
3. Two weeks before sitting/event:
Complete balance payment is due via online payment, mail, or dropped by my home studio.
Please complete pre-sitting questionnaire if applicable.
Please complete wedding/special event timeline if applicable.
Please read the sitting tips page for advice on how to prepare for your sitting.
1. We meet at the location, and capture meaningful, aesthetic, and narrative images of you!
2. For a headshot sitting, we will review & select up to 3 images for final advanced retouching.
1. In the weeks following your sitting or event, I will go through the RAW images, remove unflattering images, test shots, and select the final images to tell the story of the event/sitting and present to you.
2. I will complete basic hand-retouching on each image as well as art edits on the selected images. I adjust colour, retouch obvious blemishes, and general cropping.
3. Viewing & Ordering Appointment:
- We will meet and this will be your first opportunity to see your images. We'll work together to select the best images for prints on paper, gallery canvas, or metal, press books, cards, and more. Plan about an hour depending on the length of the sitting. Please arrange for all decision makers to be present, whether that be mom/dad or anyone who might need to be part of the review and decision making process.
- Please make a list of people who might also enjoy a feature image in their home or for whom you intend to give gift prints . Evernote is a great app for this!
- Once you've finalized your selections, please be prepared to pay for your product order via credit card online or check at the time of your order. All print products ordered on the day of your ordering appointment are eligible for a discount. Please note that due to the nature of print products, all sales are final once you have finalized your selections and made payment.
- If desired, I can complete advanced retouching or additional art edits on any images you would like (additional charges may apply). Advanced retouching would include skin softening, body shaping, black & white versions, etc.
4. After the ordering appointment,
- I will finish the final retouching on the images you've selected and prepare them for print. I'll remove and delete the images you didn't like and send you an email with a link to your proofing gallery to share with friends and family, and whomever else you like.
- I will also include the download password for the WebResolution images if ordered.
- We encourage you to share your personal Gallery link or Web images on facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, your personal website, however you like!
5. I will get back in touch with you when your order arrives to install your wall art and deliver your gift prints, or orders may be shipped for an additional cost.
7. Images in your online gallery are guaranteed available for up to a year from your gallery opening, during which time you, or your friends and family may purchase gift sized prints at any time - please note that after one year images may be deleted or removed to make space for new sittings.